HAPPY NEW YEARS! It’s currently the first of January of 2016 in Australia, and I hope you had a wonderful holiday, but sadly the time has come to get back to work, and reality. School will start again soon in Australia, and I start university in a few months, but as always, a new year means new beginnings.
This is the first year ever that I’m making New Years resolutions, but I have decided to do more of what makes me happy. Instead of wishing to be a certain way, I am going to make an effort to be that way I want to be. To be the best me I can be. To be happy and healthy, kind, generous, helpful, and so I have set a few goals to reach next year, and I’m documenting it so I can hold myself to it, because who really keeps to their new years resolutions?
- Read more books. I tend to read a lot on WattPad (an online reading platform that is mainly written by young writers and contains a lot of fan fiction), and I have tens of books waiting to be read. It is my aim to have read most of those by this time next year, but with the prospects of my first year at Uni, I imagine that maybe quite difficult. But read I shall.
- I want to start going on walks/runs. I have bad knees from dancing, and my stamina is quite low, so I’m going to start strengthening my knees and build my stamina. If there’s a problem you can fix, fix it. I’m aim to go out once a week, but again, when dance and uni start, along side my part-time job, it maybe difficult. But I will try my best.
- Treat myself. If this year is anything to go by, life gets busy, and it seems like I’m always doing something for someone. Work, or practicing for dance exams, or doing assignments for school (soon to be university). But I want to, once a month go out with my friends, or my family, or even by myself, just to let my hair down. If it’s to a meal, or a movie, shopping, getting my nails or hair done, I don’t mind. But I can’t drive myself into the ground again!
- I want to make up my room. I love how it is now, but I want to really finish it, if you know what I mean. There is a HUGE cupboard in my room that is walk-in, and it’s not really wardrobe material. So I decided that I’m going to turn it into a ‘comfy corner’. I’m going to have beanbags, and cushions, and a mini fridge! I’m going to have all my books in there, and I’m going to carpet the shelves. All in all I’m going to renovate it from the storage cupboard it is now, into the coolest place ever! I also need a new mattress, desk chair, and I need to hang some pictures. Just small touches mainly, but I want to complete it.
- I want to write more. I have a novel in the works, and I want to continue on the plans and plot for that. I want to complete my online writing course (preferably before I start uni), and I want to keep writing my blog. Whilst it might seem that I’m writing to someone else (as if I’m talking to you), I’m really wring this for me. To be able to rant, or gush, or just document things I want to remember later in my life, I want my little corner of the internet to follow me through the year to come. Ups and downs, good times and bad, expect to see a lot more of me.
- I want to give back to my parents. Now this, I imagine, is going to be the hardest. I still live with my parents, currently only being seventeen years old. However, my mother does a lot for me. She cooks, cleans, washes my clothes, pays the bills, buys the groceries. She does everything, aside from our small jobs – Dad cleans the pool, I do the dishes, etc. Now my mum is a REAL mum, she loves doing these things. It is her highest passion to care and provide for others, to feel as though she is needed. But, I’m turning eighteen soon, and I have a job, and I feel like, I should put some more effort into the family. Maybe if it’s putting some money in towards bills, and groceries, or helping around the house more, I don’t know yet, but I don’t want to leave everything to her anymore.
- I want to complete my bucket list. Now obviously this isn’t going to be completed by next christmas – Rome wasn’t build in a day. But I want to achieve at least one or two of the goals on my life list.
- Be happy. Don’t do things that make you unhappy, unless there is a great cause. Do something everyday that you desire – read, take a nap, eat some chocolate. You do what you want, and you be who you are.
Okay, I think I’m done here. But knowing me I’ll think of more things, and have to do a part two… I’ll talk to you later,