So In the past I’ve mentioned my obsession with YouTubers. I fangirl over things and people very easily, but one of the most constant people is Dan Howell or Danisnotonfire (as his media handle). I go through phases of who has my full attention, and I have been watching Dan since 2011 (I was thirteen at that time), and he has a lot of my attention for these past five years (shit, that’s a long time), and I have always loved his awkward-fail-self. But as of late, I have been even more obsessed than usual. The auto-play feature on YouTube, leads to death. I go from watching ‘Reasons why Dan’s a fail (YAY!)’ to his newest video (at this point in time it’s the ‘Awkward Fancy Meal’ w/SprinkleofGlitter), to watching ‘Hello Internet’ *Cue the ‘Cringe Attack’*. Help me!
So, I thought I would rant a little bit about why he is ruining my life at the moment! These are both stupid things I can’t handle, and why I’m so obsessed with him. But come on, It’s Dan Howell, it’s unavoidable.
- When he wears long shirts, and tucks his hands in the ends. He just looks so sleepy and cute!
- Those dimples though.
- The little half smile half smirk he does when posing for a photo.
- He has so many cute quirks.
- He can’t handle the sound of drawing on wood with felt-tip pens (me too!).
- He plays piano, how sexy is that? A guy who can play an instrument. Damn son.
- SIDE FRINGE!!!
- He’s awkward AF. Basically me…
- Don’t you dare insult him by saying his favourite Pokemon is a Goldeen. “It’s just a gold fish for fucks sake! What does that say about me!” – Dan Howell.
- He get’s jealous easily. 😉
- Lamas. Just, lamas.
- He’s a fail. A (very) cute fail.
- BROWN EYES!!!
- *Pause* Fringe check!
- He is so relatable, I’ve mentioned before that I get existential crisis, so I can just relate so hard.
- He’s tall as fuck.
- Dan-teasers. I ship it.
- He helped me through a tough time in my life. I was going through an existential crisis, and I was on the verge of self harm and was considering suicide, but I found his videos, and I realised that I wasn’t the only self-aware person out there, and that I didn’t need to be so drastic. (About a year later he posted his video on existential crisis, and I finally had a name for what I was feeling).
I’m about to have a fucking fangirl attack. It’s like a panic attack, but it doesn’t make you want to die, but rather makes you feel as though you are in love. A bit drastic, but shit. If you’re a fangirl (or boy, I don’t judge), you know what I mean. But that’s not even half of it! Knowing me, I’ll probably do a part 2 in a few months, but for now, I have to stop here, I’ll talk to you later,